Friday, March 28, 2008

The Secret and Money

“Every time you look inside your mail expecting to see a bill, guess what- it’ll be there…(Debt) showed up because the law of attraction is always being obedient to your thoughts. Do yourself a favor- expect a check!”
Lisa Nichols, The Secret, page 72

“Most people have a goal of getting out of debt. That will keep you in debt forever.”
Bob Proctor, page 102

“If you do not have enough (money) it is because you are stopping the flow of money coming to you, and you are doing it with your thoughts.”
Page 99

“I thought 'What if I just visualized checks coming in the mail? Within just one month, things started to change. It is amazing; today I just get checks in the mail. I get a few bills, but I get more checks than bills.'”
David Schirmer, page 104

Before I read The Secret I thought bills were the result of purchases I'd made, and that if I simply quit buying things, the bills would slow down. But now I know the bills are all in my head and if I will simply think “check in the mail, check in the mail” the bills will be replaced with checks!

I wonder how many people are going to sink themselves financially by following this lunacy? Not once does The Secret suggest the best way to eliminate bills: Spend less!

No comments: