Friday, March 7, 2008

The Secret and Aging

“I banished every bit of stiffness and lack of agility right out of my body. I focused on seeing my body as flexible and as perfect as a child’s, and every stiff and aching joint vanished. I literally did this overnight.”
“Aging is limited thinking…”
“…in reality there is no such thing.”
“You can think your way to the perfect state health, the perfect body, the perfect weight, and eternal youth.”
(All quotes from page 131.)

If that’s true, then the author and believers in The Secret should be looking pretty good as the years go by. And their death rate should be zero. I guess we’ll have to wait and see…

Yeah, what about the issue of death? The Secret doesn’t seem to address it. But in my mind, since death is an absolute certainty, any philosophical stance that ignores it is incomplete and possibly irrelevant. Or maybe it’s just bs…

No comments: