Friday, January 11, 2008

Where does The Secret get it right? Part 2

In addition to gratitude, there is an emphasis on giving and generosity in The Secret. I have no problem affirming those ideas!

However, the motive for both giving and gratitude is that you send out positive vibes into the universe so that you attract more of those things for which you are grateful.

Sounds kinda familiar...

Oh yeah! "Send me your $100 and I'll pray for you and God will give you ten times as much!" TV preacher, circa 1987, 1997, 2007. We refer to them as "health and wealth" preachers, or "name it and claim it."

Soooo, The Secret is kinda like health and wealth, without Jesus or the church...?

Oh yeah, I'm writing about things I can affirm.

There are other little things I like such as focusing on the good in others and praising others. Parents and workplace supervisors could benefit from that advice to catch people doing things right.

But The Secret is ultimately about a way of thinking... Stay tuned.

No comments: